3.26.2009

What a week.

Well, this week has truly been crazy. From putting on a huge, one night production to having to put Kodiak to sleep, the emotions have definitely been up and down. Mock Rock went pretty well. I'll post pics in a bit. To the audience, it went much better than it did to us back stage. There were a lot of technical difficulties and various issues otherwise, like almost WW3 among my Redline crew. And as for the DVD that is supposed to come out after the show, it will be pretty difficult since one of my students forgot to turn on the sound board before filming...thus, no sound. I can splice in the music for the actual acts (my spring break activity) but as far as the in-between acts (which were quite hilarious this year...much improved!), there is no sound. Lovely.

I had a lot of good support from staff members and family alike for the event. I have some good friends at the school here that really take care of me. From coming early just to let me rant to making sure I got changed out of my wig and costume before going out with them after. I'm truly blessed that way. Yes, I did say wig. I was part of the "Special Guests" act - I was a back up singer with another teacher for the song "Proud Mary" by Tina & Ike Turner. Hilarious. If I get the gumption, I'll post the video when it's done. It looked rediculous I'm sure but the kids loved it! And as a teacher, that's what counts!

After the craziness of Tuesday, Wednesday hit hard when we found out Kodiak was not going to make it through the day. And it wasn't fair to her to ask her to make it any further. She was suffering. For the past few weeks she has not been feeling well, but has adapted, as have we, to a slower-paced lifestyle. Last Thursday, however, she quit eating and started to go down hill pretty fast. We put her in the vet hospital on Monday so they could hydrate her to see if it would help. Tuesday she was better, but Wednesday when we went to see her you could tell it was her time to go. As hard as it was, it was best for her. She lived almost 14 years with our family and we've loved every minute of it. She was able to live long enough to meet Austin's new puppy Sekoia and spend 7 years with our yellow lab Tundra. (I'll post pics of them too!) We wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Amazing to think she's been part of my life since I was 10 years old. I'm so glad for all the memories!

Well, enough sadness. My students are watching Shrek 2 and working on missing/late work as the 9 weeks ends tomorrow. 3 quarters down, 1 quarter to go before summer :) WOW the year flies! And, to top that, I DO NOT have to teach Summer Accelerated Algebra like I did last year, which took me into July. YAY! Thanks to Hawks for stepping up :) Spring Break starts tomorrow at 11:00am - we still have to be here until 2:30 but students are gone by 10:40am! YAY! Much to do. MUCH TO DO on spring break. Can't say it'll be much of a break, but it will be a change of pace for a little over a week. The grandparents are coming back from Florida within the next couple of weeks so that's exciting as well. I hate it when they're gone. Things just don't seem right without them, especially with all the stress we've had this time. We've missed their support and love!!!

I'll post pictures later this evening of all my recent events :)

*****This spring break: In my mind, I'm gone to Carolina*****

No comments: