3.10.2009

I Finally Took A Day Off!

10.23.08:

Well, I finally did it. I took my first official paid day off!!! Yay! What did I do all day? Graded. What a day off! I did feel very refreshed after getting caught up. Last week was homecoming at MHS. I am one of the class advisors for the class of 2012 along with Casey. Because of that, we got the opportunity to help our students with float building all week. It was a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but whew was I worn out by the end of the week! I even chaperoned the dance Saturday night! Good times though :)

Teaching is going well. Advanced Algebra & I are not necessarily the best of friends....I struggle a lot more with the curriculum of Advanced Algebra and am just trying to stay ahead of the students. Most of the time it works, sometimes, though it doesn't. It's definitely a challenge for me to teach that class. Hopefully next year will be easier. I love Algebra, though. This is practically my third time teaching it and I feel pretty confident in the topics.

Video Production is going great! The students designed a backdrop and we hired my great-grandma to sew the 8'9" by 11'6" backdrop in a week...I think she almost drowned in it! But it sure looks amazing! My dad and I also built an actual news desk (instead of using a fold-up table) that looks great as well! The students are really working hard and investing a lot of time and energy into making a great program at MHS. It's starting to get noticed throughout the school and I am so proud of them! Check out the web-site here!

Enough about school. I cannot believe that it is already 1 week before November! It's insane! Time is sure flying. I know they always say time flies even more as you get older but I don't know how it could fly any more than it is. With November right around the corner comes the holiday season, an amazing time with family and friends and a time that I treasure each and every year! I can't help but have a little bit of excitement for it to arrive but at the same time I don't want to rush through what's going on in life right now!

No comments: